Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pondering the Possibilities...and Daring to Dream!

Good Morning!

I can not leave a good thing alone!

I miss pondering the possible! It is relaxing and invigorating at the same time! I love the rush!

For those of you who took the time to dine with me this week...THANK YOU! I really appreciate the friendship, support and loyalty! It means more to me than you'll ever know!

I have struggled with keeping "The Updates" alive! At first...almost out of spite...I thought to let them die...then I hungered for them...as if they were a basic need, rather than something of Self-actualization! I person's psychology is an interest thing!

My next statement will make Maslow roll-over in his grave!

I have gotten to a place in my life where "self-actualization" is a basic need! Strange as it may sound...I need that as much as I need food!

So...as a result...you are getting an Update!

I am soon going to be converting them to "blogs." Then you'll get an automatic email telling you of an update! When I get this done...please forward the link to as many people as you know!

The world needs a 21st century philosopher! I have looked in vain for one and have come up empty!

Since I have been handed the role of Socrates...I might as well claim the fame "to boot!!"

Some may argue that over the course of human-kind...everything that needs to be addressed has been pondered!

I am in agreement with that!

21st century philosophy actually is about finding the right application of the concept to the situation...somewhat like situation ethics!

We have the tools at hand to find the right answers and we are morally and ethically (and for some...spiritually) obligated to do so!

That, in and of itself, is an interesting trap that you need to be consciously aware of...

Our legal system already has recognized that and punishes people for not doing so!

They call it...aiding and abetting or complicity to...!

But let's return to the original thought!

If you are in a position where you make a decision that negatively effects others and you do not involve the affected in that decision...you are placing yourself in the position of God...or worse yet...committing blasphemy! There is no valid moral, ethical or spiritual justification for not doing so! I have thought through every variation and possible argument that I could come up with...and only self-serving hedonists have a consistent argument! It is a sad sort (less that human type) that would resort to something like that!

The simple message...NEVER...blindside or surprise someone with a negative situation! Be forthright...open and gather information! It may change and enhance the decision...or better yet...make it a foregone conclusion...which is the real goal for which we strive!!!!!

As Plato states..."we have only one freedom...that being the freedom to do the good!"

Enough said!


Applying what I know to what I need!

I have taken the challenge at hand and the advice of a dear friend…which said…”I can not wait to see what the next level of Phil Reinke creation looks like…” and began creating the next great thing!

It is funny how the basic tools that we teach can be so effective! I have created a project plan…and used “reverse visioning” to isolate the tasks required to bridge the gap from today’s reality to tomorrow’s dream!

Dare to dream my friends! It is a gift that takes us away from this complacent and selfish world! Dreams are not bound by the rules of today! Every dream can contain a “win/win!” There does not have to be winners and losers!

If you do not or cannot dream…STOP and find the reasons why!
It is dreams that make champions…
It was a dream that created the wheel…
It was a dream that took a man to a mountain-top…
It was a dream that put men on the moon…
It was a dream that brought you together!
Do not allow that dream to die!
Enough said!
Enjoy your day!

The pool is calling me!

I have many things to think about!

PURA VIDA!

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment