Monday, August 17, 2009

On Vision Boards, Micro-Managing your Dreams and Life's Changes

Good Morning!

Do I wait for the weekend to share this...or do I post a Weekend Update during the week?

What a cool problem to have!

This weekend I was inspired to "rebuild" my Vision Board!

Life has a way of reminding us of what is important...

...or...sometimes that there are things that are important!

We often get so caught up in the fray and activity of life that we lose sight of the fact that there simply are important things!

By choice (sometimes not!) we end up putting on the brakes and coming to a full stop! That is scary...but oftentimes the only way to come back to reality!

The "STOP" is a time to reflect on the stories of the past and for planning on building the ones of the future!

I seem to always have many forks in my roads! That, I guess, is a good thing! Options and opportunities always seem to abound...even in the darkest times! I am so thankful for that!

I realized that with the changes in our life...my vision board needed some adjustment! At least...it needed to be reviewed and confirmed!

Some pictures had to be removed...that was sad...dreams ended!

New ones added...that was exciting...NEW DREAMS!

Some made more precise...It is exhilarating to see more clearly!

Revising the Vision Board is an event!


What is a "Vision Board?"

A "Vision Board" is a collage of pictures representing your specific dreams and goals! It is the actual picture(s) of the story you are building! It is NOT a mental image...it is REAL and posted some conspicuous place so that, "what you are aspiring for" is always in the forefront of your mind...

I like Vision Boards...they keep me focused on my dreams and they call me to account for my actions relative to what I am aspiring to be! That simple board with 9 pictures micro-manages me!

It begs the question..."Is what I am doing linked to making one of those pictures real?"

If not...then I have to stop and determine if the board is really representative of what I want...or do I need to add or take away a picture...

My board is dynamic...but as time passes...the pictures do not seem to change as often...the only time the board really changes is when the dream is achieved and that chapter of my story is complete!

Do you have a "Vision Board?"

Are you focused on doing the right things?

Only you can answer those questions...

A "Vision Board" seems a bit hokey...but I can tell you that it definitely works!

It is not some "New Age" spiritual activity...it is simply a substantitive commitment to making what you want real!

When you paste what is really important, to you, on a single place...you see that they are more than dreams...they can be achieved...THEY BECOME REAL...and they become your story!

Revisit and revise your vision...share it with those who will help make yours possible and invite them to place their pictures on the board!

Enough Said!



No comments:

Post a Comment