Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Real Success Formula...

Good Morning!

Another great week full of challenges...for you and me!

I have received a significant amount of feedback from readers asking to keep to a single topic...

That will be hard for me to do...yet I will listen and try my best...

*******************************

The Real Success Formula

I have been thinking a lot about all of the pseudo-success coaches, religions, gurus and fanatics that are out there pushing their secrets of success...

When I was in my mind twenties, I bought a book that said that if you followed it to the letter you would be successful and achieve all of your dreams...

So I followed it to the letter and guess what?

I was no closer to achieving my dreams than before I started...

Was I deceived or cheated?

I don't believe so!

From that book and the exercise I learned the real secret of success...and how you can achieve all of your dreams!

It is an interesting secret...

Here is what I learned...

Even though I followed the book to the letter...there was always "things" that kept my achievements from becoming my successes!

It wasn't what I did...

or in fact...it wasn't what I didn't do...

There is no magic set of exercises that makes a person successful...or...

A set of incantations...

Or a special relationship with God...by following a specific sect!

It was...purely and simply that...

There was always a reason or two or three or more...for it not happening...

Like a delicate plant...success needs all of the right conditions...

Let's think about that for a moment...

You can plant the seeds...water it perfectly...but if the incorrect amount of light is not present or it is too cold or too hot...it isn't going to grow and bear fruit!

The conditions have to be perfect!

The same is true for success...

Success is about doing things...you have to work...but...

More important to success...is the taking away of the excuses for it not happening!

Why aren't you "living your dreams" today?

List out the reasons for your dreams not being real...your excuses...and

...these are the things you should be working on...

Examples include...

I am not a success because I need a PhD...then guess what...take that excuse away!

Get your degree...right?

I got a note from a friend the other day complaining that they have not yet achieved their goal of being a millionaire...

I wrote back and asked why?

And the list of reasons in their reply was astounding!

I suggested that he begins working diligently at taking away all of those reasons until he has no more excuses but to be successful!

His response was...that is too much work!

Therein lies the secret to success...it has as much to do about taking away the reasons for failure as it does with what you do...

There is no secret formula that provides success...that does not include work!

I take that back...there is one!  Lower your standard of success so low that you are satisfied with breathing!

Otherwise...Work!...Plant the seeds for success (however you define it) and then work diligently on eliminating every reason for them not to go into fruition!

Success is about working on the right things...but it is also about taking away every reason for failure until you have backed yourself into a corner and you no longer have any option but to be successful!

Find someone to complain to about your failures...as you do...listen to yourself...take detailed notes on every thing you complain about and every excuse for failure that you make...

Attack them and repeat that tactic...until you have no choice about success!

On a daily basis ask yourself..."Why am I not there yet?"

List it out and push forward...

Do not give yourself a chance to be a failure!

The outside world only momentarily lauds success...but failures go viral on YouTube!

If you think that the outside world is going to sincerely help you be successful...you are deceived!

They would rather see you fail...it is much more entertaining!

Do not give failure any reason to stand in your way of success...

Again...the secret of success is...taking away every reason for failure...

You'll have no other choice but to be successful!

Enough Said!

***********************************

Have a wonderfully long weekend!

I may have a special edition or two!

Remember my friends...


...y vamos para el todo!

Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment