Sunday, September 20, 2009

Who are you?

Good Evening!



It is still the weekend (10:00pm Sunday evening) so I guess that this still qualifies as a weekend update!


Today I saw an interesting statement...and it made me think...


I did not necessarily agree with it, as it was written...so I created a variation that was more meaningful to me...


Here goes...


It is not the circumstances that we encounter, in our lives, that make us who we are...


It is how we respond to those circumstances, that shows what we are made of...


I love that thought!


I realize that I spend a lot of time on the finer points of one's character...especially in relationship to becoming a leader of people. It is critical to have an extremely sound foundation to build leadership skills upon. Even a "single chink," in one's armor will become apparent when given the responsibility for the lives and livelihood of others.

Am I saying that you must be perfect before you take on a leadership role...NOT IN THE LEAST!

I am saying that you have to be keenly aware of your weaknesses and constantly on guard for situations that will open the door for the weakness and its subsequent impacts to enter.

I am also suggesting that most people who believe themselves as leaders...are not...because they delude themselves into believing the possess what it takes to be one! If you are not constantly scouring your foundation and observing the fruits of your beliefs...you are not a leader...

A leader should agonize and constantly improve...a leader should constantly be making good on the mistakes of the past...a leader should recognize what pain and sorrow their short-sightedness has caused and make it right! A leader does not decide and move on...

True leadership is a heavy burden...because it carries with it all of the sins of the past and there is no forgiveness for those mistakes, until they have been rectified...WITH INTEREST!

Our real character and integrity shows through how we act and react in situations...

"It is not my fight..."

"I do not have time..."

"I have my own job..."

People (who are in leadership roles) have actually said these kind of things!

It breaks my heart!


I can not fathom a life so selfish and shallow...

On second thought...I can!

This too makes me sad!


People of passion...stop...they assess the impact of their words and actions...they care...they desire the best! Perfection is not attained in one fell swoop...but in the sum total of repair of past mistakes, plus the good that they have achieved and the promise of the future!


These are true leaders!

It is not what life has handed you that makes you a leader...

It is what you did with what it gave you!

One's true character becomes apparent when faced with decisions...

Where you a hero...or did your self-serving nature shine through like a beacon?

A great person once said..."Let your light so shine..."

What color is your light? REALLY!

Do not delude yourself...

Stop and think...be honest...

I can not think of one person alive on this earth who is pure of heart...and consistent in their integrity...

But I can find people who are honest with themselves and are working to continuously improve, not only upon the present and the future...but on the mistakes of the past...

Who are you?

A leader is not an individual of compromise...

Compromise puts a person in the middle...one can not be a leader from the middle...just follow!

In a race...the person in the middle is just another loser! One among many!

A leader can not compromise...without losing! It is a sad but true fact!

Compromise never creates anything but mediocrity!

A leader constantly seeks out and makes things right!

Who are you?

Enough Said!

No comments:

Post a Comment