Saturday, April 9, 2011

Success is NOT just about ACTIVITY

Good Morning...

I spent a good portion of last week...writing and rewriting an "Update" about the messages that we send...

When that one is complete to my satisfaction...I will share it with you...

One of the things that I try to do (with some level of consistency) is to share thought provoking messages with my friends on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook...

Some things I think are gems...are simply glossed over or ignored...by people who are way too busy or distracted to stop and think them through...

That is OK, I am persistent and will keep messaging and changing my messages until they are heard and understood...

Then again...

Perhaps what I have to share has no value and is totally off-base...

For now...I believe that each message does have value...AND...until I am convinced otherwise...I will continue down my path...

I wrote (on FB) this evening...

"Are you persistent and consistent in the pursuit of success...or are you just another "A.D.D.'er"  in an ocean of like minded failures?"

Why do I say this?

Many people confuse activity and action...

Activity can simply be described by the phrase..."I am doing something"

Action, on the other hand, can be described by the phrase..."I am doing something about..."

Activity is often the purposeless expending of energy...

Action is  energy expended with purpose and direction...

******************************************************

It makes sense to me that if you are going to commit to pursuing success...you do so with direction and intent...

It also makes sense to me that it is important to simply start doing something!

Why?

Because...you can guarantee that you'll never achieve anything...if you do not start doing something...

Even though what you are doing may not be exactly correct and in the right direction...it is better than simply sitting and doing nothing!

*******************************************************

Combining these two simple concepts in a non-contradictory manner and using them together, can direct those who desire success...

First...One must START!

Second...One must assess what they are doing...

Third...One must separate activity from action...

Forth...One must stop doing valueless activities...

Fifth...One must start again and repeat steps 1 and 2 and 3 and 4...

******************************************************

I am not going to belabor today's "Update"

Simply remember that you can be guaranteed that you will never win a race that you do not start!

Then remember that you can not win without running in the right direction and finally...

You must run faster than all of the other competitors...

This means that Success is not about activity...

It is Action!

Consistent Action...

Persistent Action...

Enough Said!

Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment