Sunday, June 13, 2010

If you chase one thing...

Good Morning...

I can't help myself!  My PC is dead...and I initially thought that this was an opportunity to take a hiatus from writing on my blogs...

As you can see...I found a way to get back out here...via my Blackberry...and give you some thoughts!

I hope that this past week you found yourself making or guiding the right decisions...

It is interesting how demanding decision-making is!

It calls for the ability to identify the right things to address...

AND...the right things to do...

WITH the right people engaged...

In fact...decision making requires all of the "5 Rights" that I talk about...in order to be effective...

Not only in your organizational life...but also in your personal life...

Decisions made with less than all 5 of the "rights" will consistently fall short of the intended results...

Seek out each of the 5...and before you decide or guide...make sure that you have addresses each...

ENOUGH SAID...for now...

Early in my youth...I recognized that there was a difference between knowledge and wisdom...

I passionately wanted to be smart...and recognized as smart!

I do not think that there are many people that do not want to be smart!

"Smart" is only part of the equation however...

I do not remember the details...but I do remember the outcome and the effect that it had on me...

To show someone (Whom I admired) that I was smart...

I presented a wonderful plan for fixing a bad situation...

Their response was...

"That will definitely fix that...but if you do that...it will also hurt X, Y and Z!"

I do not think that you want to do that...do you?"

I was taken back!

My plan would have fixed the situation...but at a cost of X, Y and Z!

I was narrowly focused on the result...my knowledge (smarts) actually could have caused more harm than good!

This was the moment that I saw the difference between Knowledge and Wisdom!

From that point onward...O sought out and watched "wise" people...

I attempted to emulate them...

I spent more time watching how they thought...than what they thought about...

I observed individuals who were experientially wise...

and those who were intellectually wise...

I also found a few who were naturally wise...

It was the process and the discipline that set them apart from the majority...

I one simply set of words I could differentiate them from the hoard!

"Global impact thinking"

They thought through each situation and not only looked at the results related to a specific action...but it impact on its world...

Wisdom seldom seeks recognition...in fact it seeks acceptance...

Wisdom can not be effective without it being accepted...

I could go on for hours on this subject...but the crux is that wisdom can be systematized!

You do not have to wait to be 80 years old to get to a place in your life to be wise!

If there is one thing that you should chase...it should be wisdom!

Enough said!

Great leaders are wise...not smart!

Smart people can be easily hired...used and fired...

Wise people are an asset...

I actually could carry this logic out to a point that if a leaders does not possess wisdom...then they too should be given walking papers...

The cool thing is that wisdom is not subjective...it is measurable!

A wisdom measurement system can be based upon my 5 Rights!

It would be cool to create a wisdom based WQ in the same vein as Intelligence has it IQ!

It also may be quickly rejected because the majority would score dismally low on the scale!

Then again...if we clearly define the judgement (measurement) criteria...perhaps people will then strive for the right things!

Use this to your benefit...

Show that you possess great leadership skills and ability...and most of all...

That you possess WISDOM...

Enough Said!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Above all things...seek wisdom!

Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment